Web/Internet Survey Software Packages
Software for E-mail Surveys, Web Page Surveys, Online Surveys
There are two ways to do online surveys using the Web/Internet or an intranet:
- E-mail surveys
- Web page surveys
When using email surveys you send a survey to a list of respondents, and they reply with their answers. When using Web page surveys, you post your questionnaire on a Web page. People then visit that page and answer your questions. The Survey System's Web/Internet Survey Software Module includes both types of surveys. Email surveys are described on a separate page. Web page surveys are described here. Sample online surveys are presented below.
As part of a comprehensive online survey software package, The Survey System's Web page questionnaire software offers sophisticated questionnaire logic features not found in most "Web survey" software packages. These features mean higher quality data. After you collect your survey data, you can produce more impressive tables, charts, and text reports than you can with other packages. You can even produce reports online.
Another benefit of this comprehensive web survey software solution is that you enter your question and answer choice text and any logic instructions only once. Then you can use them for Web page surveys, email surveys, paper questionnaires, and telephone interviews.
Web Survey Software Appearance Features
- Put all your questions on a single page or divide them into as many pages as desired
- Use background colors or images and logos
- Vary fonts and colors
- Set left and right margins
- Show pictures and video
- Play sound files
- Use option buttons, checkboxes, drop-down lists, and text fields
- Use graphical radio buttons and checkboxes
- Make buttons and boxes larger than standard size
- Highlight choices as the mouse moves over them
- Click on labels to select choices (makes your surveys easier to take!)
- Show related questions in grid format
- Select parts of a picture by clicking (ideal for testing advertisements)
- Select words in a paragraph by clicking
- Use sliders to enter numbers
- Rank items by dragging images or text
- Show all or part of your questionnaire as a data entry form
- Use your site's page template
- Include links that pop-up other sites or pages
- Save your appearance choices in a file to reuse as needed
Questionnaire Logic Features
- Use individual or overall passwords to control who completes your questionnaire
- Skip questions based on answers to other questions (branching)
- Show previous answers in the text of current questions (piping)
- Only show answer choices that were picked (or were not picked) in a previous question
- Randomize answer choice order
- Randomize question order
- Calculate values
- Require answers to some or all questions
- Show a running total of a series of related answers and check the result (constant sum)
- Check that answers are not higher numbers than allowed
- Make sure answers such as "None" cannot be picked together with another choice
- Combine Web survey answers with previous information from the same people
- Establish quotas to achieve a balance of different kinds of people
- Redirect completes, over-quotas, and not-qualifieds to a sample supplier
Email Integration & Invitations
- Email invitations to people to take your survey
- Include individual names and passwords
- Include passwords in a link to the start of a survey - recipients do not have to enter them
- Email reminder messages to those who have not completed a survey or thank-you messages to those who have
- Send email automatically from Web surveys to thank respondents or to alert management to dissatisfied clients
Sample Web/Internet Questionnaires
These sample web questionnaires are designed to illustrate some features of our software. They are not intended as model questionnaires per se. Please try them all. They illustrate some different appearance choices and logic features.
- Employee Sample - a multi-page survey with a grid question and a rank-by-dragging-images question
- Lifestyle Sample - a one-page survey that includes section breaks and a colored grid
- Advertisement Testing Sample - a survey that asks viewers to watch a video, click on parts of a picture and to click on words in a paragraph
- Health Sample - a survey that includes branching and piping and randomizes question order
- Product Sample - a survey that illustrates the password feature and how it can bring in information you already have about people. It also uses sliders and a drop-down grid to enter choices and shows a progress bar and custom forward and back buttons
- Form Sample - a registration form. This example shows how The Survey System can insert a questionnaire into a site's template page, making a survey conform to a site's look
- Menu Test - a survey pricing test example
- Heat Map Example - a survey that records where people click on an image. It also shows how the answer to one question can make another question appear on the page. You can view the heat map report here.
Mobile Web SurveysYou can combine the Internet Module with the Mobile Module to create surveys that are optimized for smartphones and other mobile devices. You can view a sample Mobile Web survey here or use http://www.surveysoftware.net/mobile.htm to test it on other devices.
Web Survey Hosting
Web page surveys must be hosted on a Windows-based Web server. A major advantage of using Windows to host surveys is that you can test the actual survey using your browser on your own PC before uploading it to the Web server.
If your site is not on a Windows server, we offer Web survey hosting. The pages can look like part of your site.
To enhance security, the instructions and data can be stored in a folder that is not set up to be accessible from the Web.
Free Quote on Web/Internet Survey Software Packages
Request a free quote from Creative Research Systems on our web/internet survey software.